Dermal Fillers and Neuromodulators
Injectable dermal fillers and neuromodulators are used for a range of indications pertaining to the correction of facial aging. Both are minimally invasive and offer temporary but immediate results for minimizing fine lines and providing a more youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As facial tissues thin out, lines become etched around the nose and mouth and cheeks look a little hollow. Dermal fillers can replace lost volume to help smooth wrinkles, plump the lips, and restore a more youthful appearance.
Specifically, Dermal fillers are used to:
Non-surgical filler treatment is still a medical procedure that requires specific training, knowledge and skill to ensure safe treatment and natural-looking results. Hyaluronic acid fillers provide the most temporary option. These will typically last from 6 to 18 months.
Neurotoxins, such as Botox and Xeomin work by temporarily blocking nerve receptors and impulses in the muscle, preventing lines and wrinkles from forming, and thus smooth dynamic wrinkles, or those wrinkles that form as a result of facial movements like frowning, squinting, smiling, and other expressions.
- Avoid anticoagulants, if possible, for a period of 2 weeks before treatment.
- Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.
- Results can take 4 to 7 days to appear and both bruising and swelling may be apparent during that time period.
- Discontinue Retinol products 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an antiviral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure as this will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are NOT a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Post-Treatment Instructions: (Botox/Xeomin)
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment.
- Do NOT receive facial or laser treatments after injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Some providers believe that smiling and frowning right after Botox treatments helps the Botox find its way to the muscle into which it was injected after treated.
- Do NOT allow your head to pass your heart level (laying flat) for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing a drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen within 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional treatments. Please schedule a 2 week follow up appointment after all treatments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and avoid migration elsewhere.
Schedule your consultation today.